I'm exhausted. I have 3 hours until my next flight. I'm terrified I'm going to fall asleep and miss it ! Seriously, I'm exhausted, never felt faint like this before . . . almost a seasick, on a boat, kinda swooning feeling !
But, that's because I didn't sleep a wink on the 11 hour flight. And that's because I made a new friend - lol ! We talked the ENTIRE time (well, I listened quite a bit but it was still fun) Nermin is her name and she is a Coptic Egyptian Canadian.
I almost had the seat beside me empty. I had just sent Mum a message saying "I hope I don't jinx this but looks like my row is empty - YaY." And then Nermin arrived. Groan. She's bitter about the move too and the reason they were shuffling people so last minute was to make room for deportees !?!?
She was quite the chatterbox and I was a bit concerned but then she told me the purpose of her trip and I called her a cougar and we were fast friends.
She was just in Egypt in January and on her last day there she meet a "boy" . . . Nermin is 45. He is . . . 24 ! ! ! She said men that date younger women are called Sugar Daddies. Then she asked what she would be and of course I replied with "You're a cougar!" She just about died and then started laughing. The plane hasn't even taken off yet.
Oh ya, let's go right back to the beginning of the day (keep in mind, I'm rather delirious right now and just trying to pass time and stay awake!) Mum and Dad took me to the airport and we were stunned that there were no lines of cars anywhere. It's the Saturday of March break. We are expecting complete chaos. Off I go to the check in counter. Zip, straight up to the counter, no waiting, there goes my pack and off I go to security. Again, no line at all !?!? I'm at the gate within 20 minutes of drop off ! Craziness. But the time passed super quick and it was nice to not feel rushed.
The plane is very basic. I'm really glad I didn't do the upgrade to first class . . . I've been on flights that had nicer economy seats then what they called first class.
We got up to stretch a bit and went to the back and hung out with some of the crew for a bit. Next thing I know I'm being loaded up with packages of cookies, jugs of water, large cartons of juice, sandwiches, . . . they were being silly but really wanted me to have everything. Yup, it was weird. But nice. (Sadly, I couldn't take any of it because I have to go through another security check here).
Nermin is so excited to have a new friend and wants to come see me in Hurghada (with her boy toy) and wants to make sure we meet when I'm in Cairo. If I don't like the hotel, I can stay with her in her two bedroom condo that she owns and only uses a month of the year !?! We'll see what happens. She gave me so many great tips and insights for my visit - it's been great.
No WiFi at the Cairo Airport !?! Nermin did warn me. It's the weirdest place not to have WiFi but not to worry, it is readily available most places.
My gawd I'm tired.
Time to board . . . On to Hurghada !
But, that's because I didn't sleep a wink on the 11 hour flight. And that's because I made a new friend - lol ! We talked the ENTIRE time (well, I listened quite a bit but it was still fun) Nermin is her name and she is a Coptic Egyptian Canadian.
I almost had the seat beside me empty. I had just sent Mum a message saying "I hope I don't jinx this but looks like my row is empty - YaY." And then Nermin arrived. Groan. She's bitter about the move too and the reason they were shuffling people so last minute was to make room for deportees !?!?
She was quite the chatterbox and I was a bit concerned but then she told me the purpose of her trip and I called her a cougar and we were fast friends.
She was just in Egypt in January and on her last day there she meet a "boy" . . . Nermin is 45. He is . . . 24 ! ! ! She said men that date younger women are called Sugar Daddies. Then she asked what she would be and of course I replied with "You're a cougar!" She just about died and then started laughing. The plane hasn't even taken off yet.
Oh ya, let's go right back to the beginning of the day (keep in mind, I'm rather delirious right now and just trying to pass time and stay awake!) Mum and Dad took me to the airport and we were stunned that there were no lines of cars anywhere. It's the Saturday of March break. We are expecting complete chaos. Off I go to the check in counter. Zip, straight up to the counter, no waiting, there goes my pack and off I go to security. Again, no line at all !?!? I'm at the gate within 20 minutes of drop off ! Craziness. But the time passed super quick and it was nice to not feel rushed.
The plane is very basic. I'm really glad I didn't do the upgrade to first class . . . I've been on flights that had nicer economy seats then what they called first class.
We got up to stretch a bit and went to the back and hung out with some of the crew for a bit. Next thing I know I'm being loaded up with packages of cookies, jugs of water, large cartons of juice, sandwiches, . . . they were being silly but really wanted me to have everything. Yup, it was weird. But nice. (Sadly, I couldn't take any of it because I have to go through another security check here).
Nermin is so excited to have a new friend and wants to come see me in Hurghada (with her boy toy) and wants to make sure we meet when I'm in Cairo. If I don't like the hotel, I can stay with her in her two bedroom condo that she owns and only uses a month of the year !?! We'll see what happens. She gave me so many great tips and insights for my visit - it's been great.
No WiFi at the Cairo Airport !?! Nermin did warn me. It's the weirdest place not to have WiFi but not to worry, it is readily available most places.
My gawd I'm tired.
Time to board . . . On to Hurghada !

No comments:
Post a Comment