Up and out to meet the driver on the road this morning - it's just easier (even they have to jump through hoops to get to the door of the hotel)
Different boat today and more Germans. They really are inconsiderate. Totally oblivious to everything and everyone around them above and below water. Talked to several of the guides and they really dislike them !
But, I still have Christina and Laura. And Ahmed.
You would think that while travelling alone you'd have a lot of quiet, alone time. Nope. Everyone is very chatty. Not many Canadians come here. As soon as I say hi they want to know where I'm from and they are in awe !? So, let the chatter begin. Chatted with lots of friendly people - Denmark, Holland/Netherlands, England, France . . . notice anything - not one German (and there were lots).
The first dive was close to shore and only 5 of us were doing it as it was a deep wreck dive. Off we go and the sea is rough today. Really rough. It was a challenge to get to the down line and even to get down the first 20'
Did one side of the wreck and the guide is telling us to go up !?!? Someone is already half through their air !?! Christina and I both have lots left so I signal that we'll stay down. He signed ok - which was a surprise. YaY we get to see the whole wreck, just the two of us !
Finally make it back to the surface, have lunch and tea. None stop chit-chat. I keep finding quiet (sunny warm) places to just relax in but people keep finding me lolol.
Second dive was the same. Christina and I did the group dive and then stayed down on our own to explore some more to use up our air.
The reefs were a bit nicer. Saw a huge eel. A little blue spotted ray. Sea snakes. That's about it.
So, absolutely no dive pictures. Every time I went to get my camera I'd get stuck in a conversation. Underwater pictures, well, I tried but that was a mess I'm not going to write about. Let's just say I goofed.
So, absolutely no dive pictures. Every time I went to get my camera I'd get stuck in a conversation. Underwater pictures, well, I tried but that was a mess I'm not going to write about. Let's just say I goofed.
Met Tony at the "usual" spot lol and we had dinner (no pigeon tonight) And we did some shopping. He took care of everything. Got me good prices (yup, totally trust him) And helped me pick exactly what I wanted. Poor guy - I'm a horrible shopper. Hate shopping really. And very indecisive but we got it done.
Next stop the bar. Tonight they have a singer performing and it got a little busier (previous nights it was just us and the guys working with maybe one or two other locals).
I don't even know where to begin. It was just so much fun. Tony's brother joined us and then a crazy uncle-like friend joined and then his real uncle. They are a crazy funny bunch. Of course I have no idea what they are saying but that was ok.
One of the patrons tonight was a belly dancer and she liked to dance to this performer. WoW. She didn't have the belly dance "get up" on but she was fantastic to watch.
Ok, keep in mind this is a local place. I'm the only "tourist" . . . so, no pictures. It just felt weird yanking out my camera. I just enjoyed the evening with new friends and my Shisha pipe haha (yup - that was my own pipe every night)
2:30am . . . Bedtime ! ! ! But, I can sleep in YaY ! ! !
Nighty night xox
No comments:
Post a Comment