Happily, I was able to get a solid six hours of sleep on the plane. I was asleep before the first meal was served ! They must have an obligation to wake you for the meals and when I was woken I must have looked really startled because the steward kept saying "It's ok, take your time" lol. I was right back to sleep as soon as the tray was cleared.
Got up a few times. Had to wake my neighbour once. A young girl from Sudan. We didn't talk at all until 1hr before landing. She was very anxious - I guess she doesn't like flying or maybe was worried about getting through immigration. Her English was weak so we worked through her declaration card together. I asked if she would like to walk with me and she seemed very grateful. Even got a big hug from her when we couldn't go any further together.
It took forever for my backpack to arrive but it was probably first on the plane since we were at the silly airport so early in Cairo.
I'm connected ! ! ! I have cell service ! ! ! No more relying on WiFi - YaY ! Never again leaving Canada without an unlocked phone - lesson learned !
I called home and Dad says "they" will be on their way ! Mum is coming too - YaY ! He says they will be slow but were there in less than 10minutes !?!
Had a nice visit and Mum is doing great so home I go with my boy. It was nice to get home and have all my boys with me.
No food in the house and no energy to shop . . . Pizza !
Home, Sweet Home ! xox
What a lovely ending. I don't know how many people have been taking this journey with you through your blogs but Dad and I have loved it. Thank you so much for taking the time when there was so much to do, so many places to go and the intermittent WiFi. Love you, Love Us xoxoxo
ReplyDelete