Egypt 2017 - Day 14 - last full day in Egypt

Today is the day that it all falls apart and I have just about had enough of John. He won't stop talking and never leaves me alone . . . he's a 51 year old married man that doesn't know how to be by himself !?!  Or stick to a plan - arg.

So today is supposed to be my shopping day.  And John's - he has his list too.  But his list seems to have shrunk and he wants to "wander" with me.  I even asked at one time if we could just meet up at 11:30 for the Jum'ah.  "Nope - I'm almost done my shopping, I'll just stay with you."   Great.  You need to move and negotiate at this place.  Not just saunter.  I lost the whole morning because of him.  Stress and panic are setting in now.  I do truly hate shopping to begin with and then souvenir shopping only adds to the anxiety.  Thank heavens Tony had helped me get the "important" things in Hurghada (jewelry stuff).

It's 11:30 and I really want to see the Jum'ah (Friday prayer for Muslims is a big deal !) and we have the best view from the room.  I'm ok taking a break because I still have time before the Sunset Felucca on the Nile and we have time after that since we booked the room for two nights (even though we leave for the airport are 8:30pm)

Well, while I am watching the crowd, John is CHANGING and making new plans with Hussein - because Hussein would like to see us again before we leave.  I now have about 1 hour to finish my shopping - wtf !?!?!

After the Jum'ah service - which was pretty awesome.  I buzz back and get only half of the souvenirs I was hoping to get :'(   (keep in mind, to buy something is quite the ordeal - lots of negotiating - you have to - it's not an option unless you really want to get hosed)

Then, I find out I have to be packed and ready to go . . . I have 20 min . . . WTF . . . Oh ya, I'm mad. It's 4:30pm, we could have just asked for a late check out on the room. Men.

Barely made it to the felucca for my sunset ride on the Nile - but we did.  And Mohamed and Hussein were really helpful in making sure I got my feet in the Nile  . . . they talked to the 'captain'  and he agreed to bank the boat while I sat on the edge - this would get the boat on enough of an angle so I could dangle my legs over the side and get my feet wet - but Mohamed had to hold on to me !

Then they had one of the guys dig around in the Nile to get me some "mud"  (for my "sand" collection)

From there, we picked up our last Shawarma and they took me to a place for my last Shisha.  It was a nice time but I'm sad I didn't get all my souvenirs and gifts . . . guess I'll have to go back ! ! !

We arrived at the airport . . . way to early . . . but Mohamed was concerned about traffic.  So, 3 hours to kill.  Actually 4hrs because we boarded late.

On the plane  . . . gonna sleep !

Nighty night xox




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us travel with you. It has been terrific. As always Love you, Love us Namaste xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete