Egypt 2017 - Day 3 - Hurgahda

This one might be short.  It's 2am, I just got back to my room after an insanely fun evening ! ! ! And, I'm diving tomorrow morning . . . Oh boy !

So, I changed my accommodation to a resort like place (yuck - but didn't have better options)  And sadly, after some rest I was feeling better about my original place but already had booked this.

After checking in, I wandered down to the beach. They have the typical vendors that accost you. But there was one that intrigued me. Teas, herbs, natural remedies. I ended up sitting with the owner and having tea. Almost an hour later he has convinced me to come back after I have enjoyed my afternoon and he will have some suggestions for the evening.  He's going to take me out and show me around the local areas. (Fyi- I'm wearing a wedding band so he is just being friendly).

I went back a few hours later and sure enough he has made a plan.

We met on the street (the rules are insane for the locals mingling with the tourists on the resort properties)

First stop, dinner ! Food ! Oh em gee - good food. He ordered a crazy assortment of stuff and we ate until we were stuffed. I couldn't tell you want I was eating but it was delicious.

Then we wandered and he took me to the fruit and vegetable market. Insane and so lively. I was the only tourist there !  Oh, and chickens, bunnies and pigeons too. Fun fact: Egyptians eat pigeon because it has the same effect as viagra lol

Next stop: a Shisha bar ! ! ! We spent hours there. It was a quiet pub-like place.  I smoked 3 or 4 pipes and a had few beer. Meet lots of his friends. And spent the evening chatting.

I didn't pay for a thing !?!? He just kept saying "get me tomorrow " Not sure what that means, maybe he'll give me a bill !?!? lolol.  I didn't even have to pay for the taxi ride home by myself (he had already taken care of it) ! But security did check the trunk - in case I was smuggling someone in !?

Crazy fun night ! ! !

Nighty night xox




1 comment:

  1. Yummy looking food! You look great and seem to fit in well! So glad you are having fun! Great photos...what a market! Good for you and love all the photos. Hugs, Auntie xo

    ReplyDelete